OT Connection specializes in Pediatric Occupational Therapy services that support and promote the achievement of independence with activities of daily living; the integration of sensory systems; self-regulation skills; upper body strength and function; feeding skills; handwriting skills; motor planning and praxis; body awareness and environment safety; bilateral coordination skills and balance; visual motor and visual perceptual skills; facilitation of developmental milestones and age-appropriate fine motor skills.
The Pediatric Occupational Therapist is trained to provide skilled intervention to infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents with disorders that effect development of motor and behavioral skills. Our team of therapists are highly skilled, state licensed, and nationally certified.
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills Development:
- Upper body and fine motor strengthening-pencil grasp, scissor use and more
- Neurodevelopmental Facilitation Techniques
- Bilateral coordination skills & balance
- Activities of daily living training to include: dressing, feeding, grooming, fastener manipulation, utensil use, etc.
- Visual Motor Integration/Visual Perceptual Skills:
- Handwriting training (utilizing the Handwriting Without Tears Program
- Ocular Motility Skills
- Vision Therapy (Provided with training and collaboration with OCVT-The Optometry Center for Vision Therapy)
- Core-Strengthening/Postural Control
- Variety of Group Programs-Social Skills, Handwriting, Feeding, Adapted Gymnastics classes through area Gymnastics Programs