Katie has a passion for helping children overcome life’s challenges! Katie received her Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She has over 23 years experience in the field of Pediatric Occupational Therapy with expertise in Early Childhood Intervention, oral sensory/motor feeding difficulties, Autism, and Sensory Integration Dysfunction. Katie has worked in a variety of therapeutic settings including inpatient/NICU, outpatient, home & school-based environments. She has been involved with Handwriting, Feeding Aversion, and Sensory Diet program development while practicing in Southern California for over 6 years. She has received post-graduate certification for the administration & interpretation of the Sensory Integration & Praxis Test, including therapeutic intervention programs using Sensory Integration Techniques. Katie has specialty certification and training in the following areas:
- Advanced Training in the assessment and treatment of Sensory Integration Disorders, Behavior Disorders, self-regulation, attention, praxis, and other child-centered, relationship-based therapeutic interventions. SIPT Certification #1216
- Clinical Instructor for Level 1 and 2 Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Students affiliated with UTMB-Galveston, UT Health Science Center-San Antonio, Texas Woman’s University-Denton
- Certified Interactive Metronome (IM) provider
- Advanced Training in Oral Motor and Oral Sensory Feeding Disorders
- Completion of Austin Eye Gym Level 1 and 2 certification course for Managing DevelopmentalVisual Deficits in Children
- Trained and Certified to administer the Therapeutic Listening Program, Vital Links provider # M4785
Katie’s special interest areas include: Auditory Integration Therapy, Pediatric Yoga, Music Therapy, and Relationship Development Intervention for children on the Autistic Spectrum.